California Consumer Privacy
Information we collect about you
In General. We may collect personal information that can identify you such as your name and email address and other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
- Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card information, and other personally identifiable information.
- Information from other sources. We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from other business partners, contractors and other third parties. Examples of information that we may receive include: updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and additional demographic information.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see "Cookies" below), and the referring website address.
- Cookies. When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in promotional or other e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
- Information collected by third-parties. We may allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on our site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies or web beacons, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness. You may choose whether to receive some Interest-based Advertising by submitting opt-outs. Some of the advertisers and Service Providers that perform advertising-related services for us and third parties may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. To learn more about how you can exercise certain choices regarding Interest-based Advertising, including use of Cross-device Data for serving ads, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, and http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices for information on the DAA’s opt-out program specifically for mobile apps (including use of precise location for third party ads). Some of these companies may also be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). To learn more about the NAI and your opt-out options for their members, see http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. Please be aware that, even if you are able to opt out of certain kinds of Interest-based Advertising, you may continue to receive other types of ads. Opting out only means that those selected members should no longer deliver certain Interest-based Advertising to you but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit these opt-out webpages, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different device or web browser or use a non-browser-based method of access (e.g., mobile app), your NAI / DAA browser-based opt-out may not, or may no longer, be effective.
- This site is being monitored by one or more third-party monitoring software(s), and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service. You may opt-out from the data that SmartPiXL is collecting on your visit through a universal consumer options page located at https://smart-pixl.com/Unsub/Unsub.html
How we use the information we collect
In general, We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices or send newsletters about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, our sister companies or other third parties;
- communicate with you with regard to partially completed service requests;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- perform background screening, which may include the use of third parties, on Service Professionals;
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- publicly-display comments, ratings and reviews and other content provided by you;
- manage our business; and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Payment and Financial information. For Service Professionals, we may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases made on our website, enroll you in the discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, to pre-qualify you for credit card and other offers that you might find of interest, to pre-qualify Service Professionals to participate in our contractor network, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business. For consumers, we may use credit card information to process payment for any payments made on our website.
If you install one of our apps on your mobile device, your use of the app is subject to the applicable app license agreement.
With whom we share your information
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our web site or while using our services.
Personal information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our website or performing background checks of Service Professionals. We may also release information to collection and/or credit agencies for past due Service Professional accounts. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Marketing Affiliates: When you are referred to us via a third party marketing affiliate, we may share your email address, and other information that you provide, to such marketing affiliate.
- Business partners: When you make purchases, reservations or engage in promotions offered through our website or our services, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant's offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant.
- Service Professionals. We match your information and service request against our list of Service Professionals. When you submit a service request through our website, you consent to our providing your personal information and request to the Service Professionals we match with your request. Sharing this information with Service Professionals allows them to contact you using the e-mail address or other contact information you provided. In addition, we have other approved contractual partners that fulfill service requests, or that utilize their own Service Professionals to supplement our network, and we share your information with them in order to attempt to provide the services requested. If using our services pursuant to a membership with one of our partners, Instant Auto Savings! Fastest Way To Compare Policies may share your service request activity information with such a partner..
- Direct mail partners. From time to time we may share our postal mailing list with selected providers of goods and services that may be of interest to you.
- Other Situations. We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
For Service Professionals, we may share your business contact information with third parties, including but not limited to, business name, address, telephone number, email address and name of owner or proprietor of the business.
Aggregated and non-personal information. We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our website and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
Your choices about collection and use of your information
- At any time a consumer user can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails or newsletters from us by accessing your user account and opting out. You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship email communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- If you prefer not to have us share your postal mailing information with these selected providers of goods and services that may be of interest to you, you can notify us at any time by submitting a request here.
Blogs, bulletin boards, reviews and chat rooms
Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Visiting our websites from outside the United States
No Rights of Third Parties
How to contact us
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a resident of California, in addition to the rights set forth above, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. California law gives you the right to send us a request at a designated address to receive the following information:
- the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year
- the names and addresses of the third parties that received that information; and
- if the nature of the third party's business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed.
We may provide this information in a standardized format that is not specific to you. Please submit your request here.
Your Nevada Privacy Rights
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user's computer for record keeping purposes. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our website. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time.
For example, when you sign in to our website, we will record your user or member ID and the name on your user or member account in the cookie file on your computer. We also may record your password in this cookie file, if you indicated that you would like your password saved for automatic sign-in. For security purposes, we will encrypt any usernames, passwords, and other user or member account-related data that we store in such cookies. In the case of sites and services that do not use a user or member ID, the cookie will contain a unique identifier. We may allow our authorized service providers to serve cookies from our website to allow them to assist us in various activities, such as doing analysis and research on the effectiveness of our site, content and advertising.
You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. (Click "Help" in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.) If you do so, some of the features and services of our website may not function properly.
Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. Unlike cookies which are stored on the user's computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on the web pages (or in email) and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages and to understand usage patterns. We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website.
Mobile Device IDs: If you're using an app, we use mobile device IDs (the unique identifier assigned to a device by the manufacturer), instead of cookies, to recognize you. We do this to store your preferences and track your use of our apps. Unlike cookies, device IDs cannot be deleted. Ad companies use device IDs to track your use of the app, track the number of ads displayed, measure ad performance and display ads that are more relevant to you. Analytics companies use device IDs to track information about app usage. We share device IDs with service providers who power certain features, such as voice recognition.
Do Not Call Policy:
Instant Auto Savings! Fastest Way To Compare Policies has adopted and adheres to policies that comply with applicable Federal Trade Commission, Federal Communications Commission and State laws/regulations
If you do not want to receive non-informational calls from us, you can ask us to place your telephone number(s) on our Internal Do Not Call List by submitting a request here.
Your request must include, at minimum, your telephone number and name. If you have multiple telephone numbers, please be sure to include all numbers that you would like included on our Do-Not-Call list in your request. Any phone call, e-mail or any other form of communication used to confirm receipt of your Do-Not-Call request will not be deemed to have violated this policy. Your request will be honored within thirty (30) days of the request in compliance with federal and state laws. You can request, and we will provide, a copy of our Internal Do Not Call Policy by contacting us in accordance with one of the foregoing methods and making such request.
Most Do-Not-Call laws allow businesses and other entities to make telephone solicitations to certain consumers regardless if their number may appear on a Do-Not-Call list. Generally, these exceptions apply to (1) businesses with an "Established Business Relationship" with the consumer; (2) a consumer who has specifically consented to allow the business to call them; (3) charitable organizations; and (4) political entities. Instant Auto Savings! Fastest Way To Compare Policies may contact consumers that fall within these exceptions based on information received from each client.
Instant Auto Savings! Fastest Way To Compare Policies, Inc. California Consumer Act Privacy Notice
This California Consumer Act Privacy Notice (“CCPA Notice”) applies to “Consumers” as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). For the purpose of this CCPA Notice, personal information applies to “Personal Information” as defined by the CCPA (also referred to herein as “PI”).
We collect and share the following categories of PI from the corresponding sources and for the corresponding purposes set forth in the table below.
|Category of Personal Information||Sources of Personal Information||Purposes for Collection||Categories of Third Parties with whom Personal Information is shared||Purposes of Third Parties Receiving PI|
Identifiers(e.g. Name, Phone Number, Email Address, I.P. Address, Account Name)
|Directly from you; authentication partners; Payment Vendors||Delivering services requested by you; processing and managing interactions and transactions; Research and Development; quality assurance; improving Instant Auto Savings! Fastest Way To Compare Policies’s services; security; fraud prevention; marketing; debugging||Instant Auto Savings! Fastest Way To Compare Policies affiliates; Service Professionals; Vendors which assist us in providing services and running our internal business operations (“Vendors”)||Performing services on behalf of Instant Auto Savings! Fastest Way To Compare Policies; processing and managing interactions and transactions; Research and Development; quality assurance; improving Instant Auto Savings! Fastest Way To Compare Policies’s services; security; fraud prevention; marketing; debugging|
Personal Records(e.g. Name, Phone Number, Email Address)
|Directly from you; authentication partners; Payment Vendors||Delivering services requested by you; processing and managing interactions and transactions; Research and Development; quality assurance; improving Instant Auto Savings! Fastest Way To Compare Policies’s services; security; fraud prevention; marketing; debugging||Instant Auto Savings! Fastest Way To Compare Policies affiliates; Service Professionals; Vendors||Performing services on behalf of Instant Auto Savings! Fastest Way To Compare Policies; processing and managing interactions and transactions; Research and Development; quality assurance; improving Instant Auto Savings! Fastest Way To Compare Policies’s services; security; fraud prevention; marketing; debugging|
|Data Enrichment Tools||Delivering services requested by you; marketing||Vendors||Delivering services requested by you; marketing|
Customer Account Details / Commercial Information(e.g. details of service requests)
|Directly from you; Data Enrichment Tools; Payment Vendors||Delivering services requested by you; processing and managing interactions and transactions; Research and Development; quality assurance; improving Instant Auto Savings! Fastest Way To Compare Policies’s services; security; fraud prevention; marketing; debugging||Instant Auto Savings! Fastest Way To Compare Policies affiliates; Service Professionals; Vendors|
Internet Usage Information(e.g. information regarding your interaction with our services)
|Directly from you; analytics partners; advertising partners||Delivering services requested by you; processing and managing interactions and transactions; Research and Development; quality assurance; improving Instant Auto Savings! Fastest Way To Compare Policies’s services; security; fraud prevention; marketing; debugging measuring advertising efficacy||Vendors|
Sensory Data(e.g. recordings of customer service calls)
|Directly from you||Delivering services requested by you; processing and managing interactions and transactions; Research and Development; quality assurance; improving Instant Auto Savings! Fastest Way To Compare Policies services; security; fraud prevention||Vendors||Delivering services requested by you; processing and managing interactions and transactions; Research and Development; quality assurance; security; fraud prevention|
Inferencesfrom PI Collected (e.g. your preferences, likelihood of interest in certain of our services)
|Data Management providers; advertising partners; internal systems||Delivering services requested by you; Measuring advertising efficacy; marketing; improving Instant Auto Savings! Fastest Way To Compare Policies’s services||Vendors||Performing services on behalf of Instant Auto Savings! Fastest Way To Compare Policies; processing and managing interactions and transactions; quality assurance; improving Instant Auto Savings! Fastest Way To Compare Policies services; security; fraud prevention; marketing; debugging|
We do not “sell” personal information that we collect from you, in accordance with the definition of “sell” in the CCPA, and will treat personal information we collect from you as subject to a do not sell request. There is not yet a consensus as to whether third party cookies and tracking devices associated with our websites and mobile apps may constitute a “sale” of your PI as defined by the CCPA. You can exercise control over browser-based cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser. We do not represent that these third-party tools, programs or statements are complete or accurate.
Some browsers have signals that may be characterized as do not track signals, but we do not understand them to operate in that manner or to indicate a do not sell expression by you so we currently do not recognize these as a do not sell request. We understand that various parties are developing do not sell signals and we may recognize certain such signals if we conclude such a program is appropriate.
California Consumers have the right to exercise the privacy rights under the CCPA. California Consumers may exercise these rights via an authorized agent who meets the agency requirements of the CCPA. Any request you submit to us is subject to an identification and residency verification process (“Verifiable Consumer Request”). We will not fulfill your CCPA request unless you have provided sufficient information for us to reasonably verify you are the Consumer about whom we collected PI. Please follow the instructions below and respond to any follow up inquiries we may make.
Some personal information we maintain about Consumers is not sufficiently associated with enough personal information about the Consumer for us to be able to verify that it is a particular Consumer’s personal information (e.g., clickstream data tied only to a pseudonymous browser ID). As required by the CCPA, we do not include that personal information in response to Verifiable Consumer Requests. If we cannot comply with a request, we will explain the reasons in our response.
We will make commercially reasonable efforts to identify Consumer PI that we collect, process, store, disclose, and otherwise use and to respond to your California Consumer privacy rights requests. We will typically not charge a fee to fully respond to your requests, but we may charge a reasonable fee, or refuse to act upon a request, if your request is excessive, repetitive, unfounded, or overly burdensome.
To make a request according to your right to request deletion of your PI set forth below, you may send a request (including the email address that you have used to transact with Instant Auto Savings! Fastest Way To Compare Policies) here.
You have the right to send us a request, no more than twice in a twelve-month period, for any of the following for the period that is twelve months prior to the request date, by sending a request (including the email address that you have used to transact with Instant Auto Savings! Fastest Way To Compare Policies) here.
- The categories of PI we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collected your PI.
- The business or commercial purposes for our collecting or selling your PI.
- The categories of third parties to whom we have shared your PI.
- The specific pieces of PI we have collected about you.
- A list of the categories of PI disclosed for a business purpose in the prior 12 months, or that no disclosure occurred.
- A list of the categories of PI sold about you in the prior 12 months, or that no sale occurred. If we sold your PI, we will explain:
- The categories of your PI we have sold.
- The categories of third parties to which we sold PI, by categories of PI sold for each third party.
You have the right to make or obtain a transportable copy, no more than twice in a twelve-month period, of your PI that we have collected in the period that is 12 months prior to the request date and are maintaining, by sending a request (including the email address that you have used to transact with Instant Auto Savings! Fastest Way To Compare Policies) here.
Please note that PI is retained by us for various time periods, so we may not be able to fully respond to what might be relevant going back 12 months prior to the request.
Except to the extent we have a basis for retention under CCPA, you may request that we delete your PI that we have collected directly from you and are maintaining. Note also that we are not required to delete your PI that we did not collect directly from you.
We will not discriminate against you in a manner prohibited by the CCPA because you exercise your CCPA rights. However, we may charge a different price or rate, or offer a different level or quality of good or service, to the extent that doing so is reasonably related to the value of the applicable data. In addition, we may offer you financial incentives for the collection, sale and retention and use of your PI as permitted by the CCPA that can, without limitation, result in reasonably different prices, rates, or quality levels. The material aspects of any financial incentive will be explained and described in its program terms. Please note that participating in incentive programs is entirely optional, you will have to affirmatively opt-in to the program and you can opt-out of each program (i.e., terminate participation and forgo the ongoing incentives) prospectively by following the instructions in the applicable program description and terms. We may add or change incentive programs and/or their terms by posting notice on the program descriptions and terms linked to above so check them regularly.